Poetry and the like, by Amy Opal Marshall


Wednesday 24 April 2013

Year 25

This has been an incredible year for me, full of adventure and life. Many new experiences too... snowboarding, bull riding, and a whole new set of mountains climbed, to name just a few. I got to serve at a camp I love. I got to live in and fully embrace a place of breathtaking beauty. After a year and a half of many obstacles, I've been able to join the Air Force. I have been overwhelmingly blessed with friendships that have encouraged me, inspired me, challenged me, and changed my life. I have enjoyed a season of living my days surrounded by others who have the same Spirit in them that is in me. It has been a beautiful year of so much struggle and so much hope. I know my Father's voice, and he has continually spoken to me with gentleness and kindness through so many days of selfishness and conviction, and so many nights of confusion and tears. He has a hold on my heart like never before. He has enabled me to feel so much... I realize I have only begun to know the fellowship of sharing in Jesus' sufferings and his joys, his death and his life, but I've experienced enough to know that I want more. I want to keep hearing his voice; I want him. I am facing my future in anticipation and hope, knowing that I am never alone - I have One to share every feeling with, all my moments, all my days, my whole journey long. Friends, hear me: There is no one else like my God, and he is worth everything.

No comments: